WhatsApp is a popular messaging app used by over 1.5 billion people worldwide. It allows you to send text messages, photos, videos, and voice recordings as well as share locations with your friends. Unfortunately, there are some file formats that it doesn’t support, such as .docx files. This article will show you how to send unsupported file formats on WhatsApp so that you can keep sending them to your friends without any issues.
WhatsApp is a messaging app that allows you to send text and multimedia messages. The video file format not supported whatsapp is an issue that has been present for a while.
Warm greetings, nerds…!! So, let’s talk about something fascinating today. We all know how important WhatsApp is in our everyday lives. We use WhatsApp to send files and communicate with our pals. However, there are instances when we need to transmit critical files related to office job or other vital tasks. Your WhatsApp does not now support the file format. One of the most aggravating problems is this. So, if you’re having trouble with this, this post is for you. I’ll teach you how to transmit unsupported file types on WhatsApp in this post.
The requested file format is not supported. [PC courtesy of technipages] .com] We all use WhatsApp for both personal and business reasons. Furthermore, the file types will be PDF and DOC, with pictures in JPG, PNG, and GIF. However, the majority of users may sometimes encounter problems with unsupported file formats. As a result, we are unable to transmit critical files through WhatsApp. So, in this post, I’ll show you how to transfer unsupported file types through WhatsApp using the best ways. Let’s get this party started right now.
This article contains the following content:
The following are some of the reasons why a file format isn’t supported in WhatsApp:
Let’s look at some of the reasons why you may be experiencing an unsupported file format problem in WhatsApp.
- You can’t transmit the file if you’re using another format that doesn’t support it.
- This problem may occur if the app has not been updated.
- Furthermore, the placement of the files may be the source of the problem.
Let’s look at various ways to transfer files that aren’t supported by WhatsApp.
Methods for Sending File Formats That Aren’t Supported on WhatsApp:
Here are the best four ways for sending unsupported file types on WhatsApp. You may use any of the techniques that are most appropriate for you. Let’s take a closer look.
1. Check And Change The Most Important Things:
This technique requires you to verify and modify a few key elements in order to rapidly resolve the unsupported format problem. Please carefully follow the instructions outlined below.
- The first thing you should do is double-check the file format. AVI, MP4, and MKV files are not supported by WhatsApp. As a result, double-check the file formats.
- Make careful to update the file’s location, as previously stated. Copy the file and paste it somewhere else.
- If your date and time settings are incorrect, the file will not be sent. As a result, navigate to settings>system>date and time. Change the time and date.
- The most essential thing is to keep your WhatsApp up to date. Go to the Google Play Store, search for WhatsApp, and then update.
- If none of these work, it’s possible that your SD card is corrupted. So, swap out the SD card.
2. Sending the file as a document is number two
When transmitting a file in the format of a document, the format may be supported. Please carefully follow the instructions outlined below.
- To begin, open WhatsApp and then click on the clip icon, then choose the documents option.
- Make sure your documents are saved in the Documents folder.
- Now go to the Documents folder and pick the file you wish to transfer from there.
- You can simply transmit ZIP and TMP files if you send them as a document file.
3. Modify the file’s extensions:
All you have to do with this technique is alter the file’s extension. Please carefully follow the instructions outlined below.
- The first step is to open the file explorer and look for the file you want to transfer.
- Now rename the file to anything you want. Let’s look at a picture as an example.
- After renaming the file, add a full stop before adding the jpeg keyword.
- Go to WhatsApp and transmit the file as a document, not an image, after the file has been changed to jpeg.
- Tell the recipient to rename the extension back to the original after they get the file.4. Send unsupported files using the Steg app:
If none of the other options are functioning, the final option is to use the Steg app. Please carefully follow the instructions outlined below.
- The first step is to download and install the Steg app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Go to the unsupported format file location after the program is installed.
- Long press the file and choose the option to share. To share, be sure to choose the Steg option from the drop-down menu.
- Now choose the encode option, and after the encoding procedure is complete, you will get a message.
- Then send the encoded file to others through WhatsApp.
- Once your peers have received the file, touch it to open it in the Steg app.
- That is all there is to it. You may easily transfer unsupported file types to WhatsApp with this Steg app.
These are a few of the most effective ways for sending unsupported file types to WhatsApp. You may choose any of the ways that are most appropriate for your device.
1. What is the process for converting unsupported files to supported ones?
To convert them to supported file formats, you may use any free file converter.
2. Why is it that I can’t transfer files via WhatsApp?
The reason for this is because you are using an older version or the incorrect location or format. Make certain you replace them.
3. How can I transmit files that aren’t supported by WhatsApp?
Yes, you may transmit any unsupported files to others using the Steg program, which is one of the finest options.
4. What are the file formats that WhatsApp accepts?
JPG, JPEG, PNG, MP3, DOC, PDF, and more file types are supported by WhatsApp.
Finally, I can say that if you’re searching for a way to transmit unsupported file types on WhatsApp, this post is the one to read. In this post, I’ve outlined the top four ways for sending unsupported files. I hope you find this information to be very beneficial. Thank you for taking the time to read this article.
If you have any questions about this post, please ask them in the comments area, and if you find it helpful, please share it with your friends and family.
My name is Nadhiya, and I work at OMGeeky as an editor and author. I like writing tech-related articles to assist my users. Apart from that, I like traveling, cooking, painting, singing, dancing, sharing knowledge, patience, a small group of friends, a happy soul, kindness, assisting the poor, being a shopaholic, and being a homely person.
The how to fix file format not supported is a problem that has been present for a while. It can be fixed by using the WhatsApp’s support team.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I convert unsupported files to supported files?
To convert unsupported files to supported files, you must first download the converter and then follow these steps:
What are the file formats supported by WhatsApp?
WhatsApp supports a variety of file formats, including: – JPG – PNG – GIF – MP3 – MP4/MOV/AVI/MKV
How do I fix format not supported?
Format not supported is usually caused by a corrupted file. If this happens, try downloading the file again and re-saving it.